Congratulations on becoming the administrator of a new Deferendum group! As you begin to invite new members and build a community, there are a few simple tips you should keep in mind to help your group reach its full potential.
- Set clear expectations: Ensure that new members understand the group’s purpose and what kind of behavior is expected. This can include guidelines for respectful debate and discussion, as well as the group’s goals. Check out this example: Welcome to Deferendum’s Board of Directors.
- Encourage active participation: Engage with your members and encourage them to participate in discussions and vote on important decisions.
- Foster a sense of community: Help your group members feel connected to each other by fostering a sense of community. You can host real events to encourage interaction between members and build stronger relationships.
- Embrace diversity: Encourage a variety of perspectives and opinions within your group. This can lead to interesting discussions and more creative solutions to problems. Remember that anyone can debate and vote anything, anywhere, anytime on Deferendum, so embrace the diversity of your members and their ideas.
- Educate your editors: Editors have a crucial role as they create referendums, and they are expected to set an example of objectivity and civilized communication. For example, if someone adds an argument to a referendum question during the debating stage, the editor can encourage further discussion by asking for clarification or for more information.
By following these tips, you can create a thriving Deferendum group that engages members and helps generate meaningful discussions and decisions. Lets inspire active participation and diverse perspectives.
Not yet in the Deferendum Community? Check this article on How to get in the Deferendum Pilot Program? and download the app now!